RULER ESSENTIALS (9:30 to 12:30)
If you love precision and consistency in your quilting designs, you will love using design rulers and templates! These handy tools assist in placing designs accurately and stitching them out precisely. Learn to handle rulers and templates safely with the ruler base and Sure Foot, and how to achieve accuracy with the markings. The wide variety of Handi Quilter rulers will inspire you to new design heights.
- Handle rulers safely
- Understand and use ruler markings for precision and accuracy
- Use piecing lines and marking tools to build ruler design confidence
- Versa tool quilting: stitch-in-the-ditch, cross-hatch, piano keys, clamshells, and arcs
- Apply binding with the HQ VersaTool®
CREATIVE TEXTURES AND FILLS (1:30 TO 4:30)
Meandering is the easiest and most common filler for background space - but there are countless other creative design elements to use instead. Come expand your design portfolio by learning the stitch path of a wide variety of creative filler designs. Learn which designs lend themselves best to micro-quilting, and how to use Micro Handles for best results.
- Select appropriate fills to complement design style
- Create special effects with different fillers
- Scale the fill design size appropriately
- Evenly place and space fills
- Effectively use HQ Micro Handles